Support the Penn LGBT Center
choose “University Life” from the first menu & “Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Center” from the second menu.
The LGBT Center encourages members of the Penn and Philadelphia community to become involved. There are several ways to volunteer, and we are always open to people proposing and implementing new ways to support our community.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Becoming a Mentor to another LGBT or questioning student in our Mentoring Program
- Speaking about your life at an LGBTA person as part of the Center’s Speakers Bureau
- Doing tasks around the Center, such as helping with mailings, setting up for events, or working on time-bound projects
- Joining an already existing Task Force – Queer People of Color (QPOC), Transgender Issues, Penn Athletes and Allies Tackling Homophobia and Heterosexism at Penn (PATH), or Safezones – or create one where there is a need
- Helping to plan events for National Coming Out Day, QPenn, or other events or planning an event from scratch
- Serving on the Advisory Council
- Doing something brand new – come chat with us!